I need help.
The first birthday-girl is my grandmother, who turns 90 in May. I'm thinking shawl to keep her warm, with not too elaborate, kind of classic lace(y) pattern. Do you have any suggestions for a lace pattern?
The next one to gift for is my mother, who has a big celebration of her 6oth birthday in the end of June. For that one I am really clueless what to do at all, since she has such a difficult distinct taste, and I'm not sure she'll like anything knitted at all. Any suggestions for patterns for hard-to-please-mothers-who-think-wool-is-itchy-and-lace-is-for-old-ladies?
After that my sister-in-law turns 40 in the end of August. She is somewhat in the same category as my mother, with the distinct taste and all, but she is a designer and really does appreciate crafted and hand-made things. It just has to be clean, simple, single-colored, with the "right" construction. Whatever it is, I need find something cool and the choice of yarn is super important for this one. I'm considering the Garland sweater poncho. But not sure. Suggestions?
Lastly, my mother-in-law turns 70 in the end of October. She is the easiest to please, I think. She's an obsessed knitter herself, socks mostly, so she will appreciate whatever I knit. That said, I know she's not into lace and she doesn't need more socks. She lives in the dark Swedish forrest, with eternal winter (it feels like). She needs something warm that goes well with Jeans and working in the garden and sitting on the couch knitting. I'm thinking shawl and I'm thinking Martina Behm. But again, I'm not sure. What would you knit?
Sigh. Help!

Jag tycker att Quince & Co:s mönster är himla fina, tidlösa och ofta väldigt snyggt konstruerade. Mitt tips är således att söka efter dem på Ravelry!
ReplyDelete