Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Frogging along

The more you knit the more you learn. That is true I guess, but has resulted also in "The more you knit, the more you learn, the more you unravel". Sigh.

I have recently learned that I am not very adventurous when it comes to color combinations. Or that's not 100% true. I like adventures and I do trust my sense of combining colors, I'm just very particular about how the construction of the colorful piece should be.

Robin for example, while looking great knit-up on Ravelry, didn't look nice at all when knitting it myself. I might say *overdesigned*, but maybe it isn't, it just needs to be knit in simple colors. So I frogged the whole thing.

I also frogged my Leftie. Mainly because I ran out of yarn much quicker than I anticipated. Also, I'm not sure about the colors. While I love the idea of using up some left-over yarns, and I was thinking of using up a large part of my beloved Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, it just didn't look all that cool after all.

But not all I do results in piles of yarn, I am diligently following the Follow your arrow MKAL. It is a lot of fun, despite the odd feeling that I probably have chosen the wrong clue once I start a weeks clue. I'm quite happy with the result so far and I am far from frogging. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment