Monday, March 10, 2014

Waterlily

On March 1st, my local knitting group and I started a Pom Pom Spring 2014 KAL. If you haven't read PomPoms spring issue, you should. It's a lovely magazine, in a lovely format, with cute models, cool patterns and interesting articles.

Anyhow, I chose the cover-pattern Waterlily for this KAL. It looks cute, summerish, and like something I'd love to wear this spring. I ordered yarn from Dye for Wool, a German duo of indie-dyers who sell their creations on Etsy. I have wanted to order from them for quite a while, their yarns and colors appeal to me a lot and I always love to support small indie dyers. The yarn has arrived and has not disappointed me. The color - mowed meadow, looks exactly like that, a mowed meadow in the summer.

I was drawn to the pattern right away, I knew I would learn new things. Latvian braid? I love the fact that this is a short-sleeved t-shirt. It seems a quicker kind of knit.

So I made a gauge swatch and decided to drop from 4mm to 3.5mm needles but stick to the size that would give me a good (rather airy) fit.

Turns out though, that the fit was not good at all after I tried it on for the first time. It was waaaaay too big. So I frogged and decided to start over in one size smaller. Cast-on again. Turns out I accidentally twisted the piece when I joined in the round. Sigh. Frogging again. Rinse and repeat.

That's where I am right now. Yarn nicely wound. Nothing on the needles. Sigh. Third time is a charm? Tonight, I'll cast on one last time.

Luckily I'll meet my knitting group on Thursday, I'm hoping for lot's of empathy and love and may even devour a chocolate mousse.

1 comment:

  1. I am knitting size 2 of Waterlily and just ready to begin the lace. Row 1 (after the S1wyib, p1,k1,p1) You start with K2tog which leaves 1 stitch before the 12 stitch pattern repeat. On row 3 it has the K2tog again at the beginning. How can you do this since you decreased to 1 stitch in the previous row? Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete