Tuesday, May 6, 2014

FO - Fiske

Fiske. Finally finished.

I made this shawl for my grandmother and I think she really liked it when she opened her present on her big 90th birthday on May 4th. I do anyways. It was a nice knit that wasn't too challenging. In fact, the most challenging part was knitting those 450+ stitches rows in the end. Boring and seemingly never-ending. But I'm not one to give up and powered through.

The pattern is really nicely written. Very comprehensible. I loved knitting the Vikkelbraid (as compared to the Latvian braid I had to fiddle with for Waterlily), it's very pretty and effective. I used 3.5mm needles instead of the suggested 4mm to get gauge.

The yarn, Wollmeise Pure, is as lovely to knit with as people say. And I do love the color (Ballerina), although I am usually not the biggest fan of most shades of purple. I used 215 g of the yarn, ca. 752 m yardage, leaving me with 85 g of the second skein.




No comments:

Post a Comment